Living in Arizona means a LOT more pool & splash pad time! I’m currently updating my beach towel collection. Beach towels are kind of like accessories these days, & I love it. Some of my favorites include the collection of vintage magazine cover beach towels by the Condé Nast Collection. You can find them on sale today at GILT or visit Amazon.
Brightening up your home with a fresh new look is easier and more affordable than ever! From bold color to surf inspired style and more – Gilt.com Lifestyle Editor, Chassie Post, has the hottest trends of summer that will help you transform your home with an updated look and feel.
Chassie shares how you don’t have to break the bank to get a fresh Summer facelift. Just a few well placed items (an accessory here, a bright fun pillow there, a patterned throw on the end of a bed) and your on your way! So now you can indulge in a new summer look without burning a hole in your pocket. Here are 3 fun trends to help inspire you… (head over to Gilt’s Home Business for these great steals and more!)
TREND #1: TURQUOISE
Reminiscent of the Maldives coastal beauty, turquoise brings a subtle richness to every room. Whether it is a splash of the magnetic blue-green with a fun pillow or decorative object or an entire room painted with the hue, turquoise is sure to spruce up any interior for Summer.
- Shine by S.H.O. Ikat Blue Hand-Tufted Rug, Gilt.com – Original Retail: $360-$1,095, GILT: $99-$399
- Shine by S.H.O., Sloane Tray, Gilt.com – Original Retail: $114, GILT: $69
- Pure Fiber, Brushed Organic Cotton Throw, Gilt.com – Original Retail: $136, GILT: $79
- nuLOOM, Electrik Handmade Cowhide Rug, Gilt.com – Original Retail: $1,809-$3,189, GILT: $735-$1,299
- Innit Concha Chair, Gilt.com – Original Retail: $425, GILT: $289
- Platinum Collection by SF Designs, Tufted Chaise Lounge, Gilt.com – Original Retail: $1,050, GILT: $555
- Howard Elliott, Patio Universal Round Ottoman, Gilt.com – Original Retail: $612, GILT: $349
- Safavieh, Paradise Findes Garden Stool, Gilt.com – Original Retail: $302, GILT: $139
TREND #2: VIVA MEXICO! MEXICAN INSPIRED DÉCOR
Mexico is notorious for their impeccable use of bright, rich colors. Pops of oranges, pinks and reds with exotic prints and hand woven rugs will immediately bring culture and comfort to any space in your home.
- SHINE by S.H.O., Reyn Accent Table, Gilt.com – Original Retail: $894, GILT: $499
- Frog Hill Designs, Silk Ikat Pillow, Gilt.com – Original Retail: $159, GILT: $72
- Safavieh, Mirabelle Pillow (Set of 2), Gilt.com – Original Retail: $123-$146, GILT: $50-$58
- Kim Seybert, Coaster: Moasic, Gilt.com – Original Retail: $86, GILT: $38
- Zinc Decor, Stray Dog Designs Shelly Table Lamp, Price: $550
- Frog Hill Designs, Authentic Mexican Otomi Pillow, Gilt.com – Original Retail: $179, GILT: $92
- Coyuchi, Wave Rug, Gilt.com – Original Retail: $63-$360, GILT: $32-$180
- Seda France, Camellia Montagne Pagoda Candle, Gilt.com – Original Retail: $35, GILT: $7
- Pottery Barn, Talavera Melamine Serve Bowls, Price: $27.50
- Art Institute Museum Shop, Rainbow Colored Glasses, Price: $45
TREND #3: NAUTICAL
We cant always be at the beach, but we can always have something that reminds us of it. Bring the beach indoors with pieces inspired by summertime surf. Driftwood, rope, nautical stripes, and blown glass evoke the feeling of being seaside. Get that laid back yet luxurious East End look with decor that evokes Hamptons chic style and the sunny shores of Montauk in July.
- iCanvasART, Martha’s Vineyard, Gilt.com – Original Retail: $191-$677, GILT: $85-$299
- SHINE by S.H.O., Lanterns, Gilt.com – Original Retail: $114-$117, GILT: $69-$79
- Safavieh Pillows, Sibine Pillows (set of 2), Gilt.com – Original Retail: $146-$180, GILT: $55-$69
- Pure Fiber, Anchor Pillow Cover, Gilt.com – Original Retails: $85, GILT: $30
- Grandin Road, Nautical Rope Lanterns, Price: $49-$59
- Canvas Striped Storage Bags, GarnettHill.com – Price: $28-$58
- Cooper Classics, Aaron Mirror, Gilt.com – Original Retail: $258, GILT: $174
- Soicher Marin, North Eastern Schooners, Gilt.com – Original Retail: $240, GILT: $144
photo: Lifestyle Editor, Chassie Post
Did you know that Society 6 now sells pillow covers? You can order them with or without the insert in 3 different sizes. Prices start at only $20 for a 16X16 inch pillow cover! A serious bargain if you love to change up your home decor with the seasons. Here are 12 of my current favorites. There are literally thousands to browse!
Our Valentine’s Dinner = 4 lbs of crab legs + Chardonnay + RED roses (not pictured) + a beautiful Gold Dayna Decker Candle. I received this Atelier candle last week and it is soooo luxurious! It’s a stunning decor piece for my dining room & the Ambrosia Cassis scent makes my home smell fabulous!
Next, I’d love to add the sexy Couture 16 oz. Candle to my collection. I think it would be perfect for my anniversary gift!
I was browsing through stylist, Rita Konig’s portfolio and found some of her work to have one thing in common, groupings of pictures. I’ve seen this trend getting really popular lately too. I like all the collections of small photos grouped together to make one big art piece. It’s less costly than a large painting and so much more interesting to me. Each picture tells a story and can go on for hours as conversation piece at a house party. And, how about those shoes coming out of the fireplace! Definitely a stylist thing, but I can see it working at a cool girl’s pad.
I saw this image from a house tour on apartment therapy. I thought the idea was so cool! A collection of Polaroids and small photos in a bowl on the coolest side table I’ve ever seen! I’m definitely doing this for my eclectic home. It’s effortlessly chic! -ijin
2. HOLY gorgeous, these blue dot stone tiles! Why don’t I see tiles like this in my local flooring store?
3. luxurious BLUE velvet armchair, love those gold wheels!
There is just something about the color PINK! All that it takes is a simple pink accessory to cheer up your room. Books, flowers, a throw, or a pink chair…what is your favorite way to accessorize with pink? I am pretty partial to flowers. Peonies are always expensive so instead I pick up pink roses when they are on sale. I love to display them in my office! I also have a pink velvet cushion on my desk chair. (from Pier 1)
This mood board was inspired by the look of the woman you see below. Isn’t her purple/blue hair beautiful? Not sure who else could really pull off this look, but it certainly suits her! Skulls seem to be on EVERYTHING these days, and I am kind of loving this trend. One of my favorite skull home decor accessories is the Louis In Extremis Pillow. It comes in 9 colors…so easy to find one that will match your decor!
Whenever I think about decorating with cool colors, I think about cool textures as well. Concrete immediately comes to mind! The coffee table I’ve picked out is much more grey (& much less yellow) in person. It is absolutely stunning. (Crate & Barrel needs to run a sale!)
inspired by her cute casual look:
I recently discovered Turquoise Interior Design by Vanessa De Vargas & was so inspired! I absolutely LOVE the way she accessorizes- especially her lamp and console table choices. Her projects are really fun to look through. If I had to pick a favorite it would be Sherman Oaks 4. Check it out!
A few of my faves for sale: CLICK HERE to shop!
Aerin Lauder (grandaughter to Estée Lauder) has a new home & fashion product line that debuts this fall. Her office has such feminine style & I cannot wait to see her home accessory line. ( I am hoping that the products are cheaper than Jonathan Adler’s, but not optimistic!)
Nordstrom is one of my FAVORITE shopping sites. I usually browse their fab shoe selection and fashion accessories. But, suddenly their home decor section has become really fun with SPECIALTY SHOPS… from designers like Jonathan Adler & Michael Aram. So, here are my top 10 picks! (I am thinking hostess gift ideas, housewarming presents, or just for decorating your OWN home!)
Over the weekend I purchased a few new decorating magazines. Living Etc. (published in the UK) is one of my faves. This month there is a really amazing photo spread about decorating with gold & brass. I loved the inspiration since I am trying to incorporate a lot of gold accent pieces into my living room.
Lots of shopping & decorating going on! One Kings Lane has THE FATEST SHIPPING! I just received these 5 things:
1. Golden Apple (they sent me 2 of them for $10!)
2. Indigo 14×20 Pillow $39
3. 11″ Gold/Black Two-Tone Bowl $15
4. Hammered Gold Bowl $39 (This will be used as a short flower vase by putting a small glass inside to hole water/flowers)
5. Axis Capiz Shell Lamp $85, the brown drum shade will be switched to black! The cheapest place I could find this elsewhere was on Amazon for $144.
The fragrance industry seems to be on a mission. There is constant competition for the prettiest scent, & nowadays there seems to be competion for the sexiest/most innovative bottle. Perfume bottles have become like artwork. They are so gorgeous that you must display them on your vanity, next to your favorite jewels! Here are just a few of my favorite bottles. I am definitely buying that gold Gucci perfume. Doesn’t it look like a 3G iPhone case?
Just a little inspiration for decorating with your favorite perfume bottles…
Photo Background is wallpaper by Graham & Brown
Speaking of my living room…I want sooo many things. Where to start? What is your favorite piece in your living room? Did you purchase everything at once, or slowly accumulate pieces over time?
These are just a few things I’d love in my space. I should probably come up with a budget first!
P.S. #6 is actually the chair I’d love for the heads of my DINING ROOM
this month has been BUSY! even though my husband & I do not exchange Christmas gifts, there are a few things that I want & a few that I’ve already purchased!…#3 & #5 are mine. You can see me wearing the chain necklace here. It is pretty awesome and soooo cheap!!
- 4 pretty things
- Before and After
- Christmas Decor
- craft supplies
- Dining Rooms
- flea markets
- floral centerpiece
- goodwill finds
- great rooms
- house renovation
- Inspired by Fashion
- interior paint
- iPhone Skins
- Lamps and Light Fixtures
- laundry room
- living rooms
- my house
- real estate
- Shabby Cottage
- Wall Decor
- window treatments
- Wish List
- wrapping paper
- September 2014
- August 2014
- June 2014
- March 2014
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
We'd love to hear from you! Please email us at email@example.com